Confluence Scaffolding Form Saving aborted. Please retry. Not Found 404

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
We cannot save scaffolding data anymore. Error is

Form Saving aborted. Please retry. Not Found 404

even for unchanged forms. We run v7.5.1 of Scaffolding and v5.3.18 of Confluence.

I implemented the suggested solution to increase the maxPostSize of tomcat to 5M, but that didn't change a thing.
Photo of Bernd W Neumann

Bernd W Neumann

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated with my users in my neck...

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bernd W Neumann

Bernd W Neumann

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry - that is Confluence 5.8.13 not 5.3.18...
Photo of Khalid Kader

Khalid Kader

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Bernd,

Are you using any other macros in the form other than Scaffolding?. Could you attach the screenshot of the form structure on your page?.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Khalid
Photo of Bernd W Neumann

Bernd W Neumann

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, we use plenty of macros...

How do I attach documents here?
Photo of Bernd W Neumann

Bernd W Neumann

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ah - do you mean whether we use other macros in the form together with scaffolding? Only the {attachments} macro.

And anyhow, the form has not changed and worked well before... Not sure what changed besides the scaffolding version...
Photo of Bernd W Neumann

Bernd W Neumann

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just sent you the storage format of that page by Email...
Photo of Khalid Kader

Khalid Kader

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Bern,

yes we have received you email and we will communicate you with you from there.

Cheers,
Khalid
Photo of Tyler Sawyer

Tyler Sawyer

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

Have there been any updates in regards to this issue? A few of our end users have been reporting similar symptoms on a handful of pages which utilize the Table Data macro and a large number of rows (>100).

I am unable to consistently reproduce the issue, though I have a handful of pages which always seem to encounter the error randomly throughout the day. Our production environment is running Scaffolding 7.2.2, our testing environment with 7.6.0 and still encountering the same issue (both are running Confluence 5.8.17).

There are no other macros present within the page aside from Scaffolding Data macros. I increased the maxPostSize as recommended in this support thread in our testing environment, but we're still seeing the error occur. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Photo of Khalid Kader

Khalid Kader

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Tyler,

Do you have Confluence Team Calendar add-on installed? If yes, could you kindly provide us with the version of the Team Calendar add-on in your current instance.

We suspect this issue is being caused by updating the Team Calendar add-on to the latest version.

Could you also kindly provide us with the screenshot of the error message thrown.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Khalid
Photo of Tyler Sawyer

Tyler Sawyer

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Khalid,

Yes, we have Team Calendars 5.3.9 installed, I see there is a pending 5.3.10 update waiting to be installed. Are you thinking the issue may be caused by the latest release, 5.3.10, or that updating to the latest release 5.3.10 might resolve the issue?

I have sent you an email with the requested screenshot attached. Let me know if there's any additional information you'd like which may help with troubleshooting.

Thanks.
Photo of Khalid Kader

Khalid Kader

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Tyler,

The issue that you have reported is related to Confluence Team Calendar (latest) version and Scaffolding add-on which has problems to Save Contents for Scaffolding Form.

Our developer has fixed this issue and it is in the latest release of Scaffolding 8.1.1 .

Could you kindly upgrade to the latest version of Scaffolding and check is the issue is resolved?.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Khalid