Error message: Access to jira denied

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hello,

I am experiencing a problem with my mappings in the new Salesforce-Jira Cloud connector.

I have previously succeeded in creating a Jira item from a case in Salesforce using the +Create Issue button on the visualforce component. The mapping was very simple, just subject and description.

I added more fields to my mapping and now I am getting error messages. My mapping is below.


When the label and component fields are mapped to picklist fields, I receive the following error:
> JIRA validation failed!
> data was not an array
> data was not an array
> This might be due to missing or incorrect mappings for the mentioned fields.

Mapping the values from the fields in Salesforce with existing components/labels in Jira didn't work (same error was returned).

When I removed the mapping for the two fields in Jira, I got a new error message:
> Access to JIRA denied!
> This might be due to missing or incorrect mappings.

Salesforce also does not appear to be aware that the mapping has been removed, as if you press the Review and Create button the removed fields are still showing up!

Now, in order to fix this, I have revoked and re-authorised access in both Salesforce and Jira, I have deleted and re-created the mapping in Jira and deleted and re-created the connection in Jira, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Salesforce package, but the problem persists.

I even removed the component and label fields from the mapping, and then duplicated the mapping so I could send cases to another project, but got the same access denied message (above) on a number of different cases. Before I added the fields we're using to hold the Salesforce information in Jira (Case Info., Salesforce On-hold and Salesforce ID) to the project's page layout, I was getting the following error message instead, which suggests that access denied is a misnomer and not a permissions error, as Jira is responding with my instance's field IDs:
> Field 'customfield_12800' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.
> Field 'customfield_12415' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.
> Field 'customfield_12406' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.

I'm completely stuck, can't get this to work. Where do I start, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Phill
Photo of Phillip Bailey

Phillip Bailey

  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Adrien Low

Adrien Low, Alum

  • 85 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hello Philip,

> Access to JIRA denied! 

Please ensure that the Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector JIRA user has the Edit Issue permission for the projects that you have configured in your Bindings. This permission is needed to Create an Association between the project and the Salesforce Object.

Please refer to the following documentation for steps on how you can check on the permission.

> JIRA validation failed!
> data was not an array
> data was not an array
> This might be due to missing or incorrect mappings for the mentioned fields. 
These error messages could appear due to incorrectly configured mappings, field type incompatibilities or the absence of Map Values.

Please refer to this documentation for more information on field type incompatibilities.

Alternatively, please send in a ticket to support@servicerocket.com for us to better assist you in this matter.

Regards,
Adrien
(Edited)
Photo of Phillip Bailey

Phillip Bailey

  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hello,

I've stripped my mappings right back to just Subject/Summary and Description (I had to do this with a new project because the Visualforce component in Salesforce still doesn't seem to notice that mappings are removed - this feels like a bug).

I'm still getting the access denied error.

I've checked the project permissions and the Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector user has the atlassian-addons-project-access role assigned in all the projects I have been testing with. That role has every permission assigned to it, It's basically a superuser.

I have created a support ticket as well, but if we can get to the bottom of this, it's better that the answer is available to everyone else with the same issue.

Thanks,

Phill
Photo of Phillip Bailey

Phillip Bailey

  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
This turned out to be a permissions error against the user that the ServiceRocket plugin had created. Although the Permission Helper in the project was saying that the user had create access to the project, the user wasn't in the group we use to control Jira access. We needed to add them to that group through the User management tool, where they don't appear until you choose Service Accounts from the dropdown list. Easy when you know it!