Form Saving aborted. Please retry. Internal Server Error 500

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
After editing the content of a form, and attempting to save my changes I get the following error displayed at the top of the page: Form Saving aborted. Please retry. Internal Server Error 500

So far I have only noticed this recently on pages that I have edited a lot for testing.  If I edit and save a new page, there is no error.

I tried increasing the maxpostsize to 10bm (recommended in a similar article) but that didn't work, and I have tried multiple versions of the scaffolding plugin (8.1.3, 8.1.2, 8.1.1).  All result in the same error.

Confluence version: 5.9.6
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nurhana Ziana Bt. Hanafi

Nurhana Ziana Bt. Hanafi, Employee

• 3500 Posts
  • 269 Reply Likes
Hello Matthew,

Kindly please provide us the page XML export for our replication purposes. You may email it to our help desk at supportATservicerocket.com

Thanks&Regards,
Ziana
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ziana,

I am not able to get a backup of this page, it fails when I try (perhaps because of the space size),  the backup does work for smaller spaces though.

I copied the page and template to a smaller test space, and I am able to save changes and create a backup from there.

The original space has about 1300 child pages, each child page uses the same template.

Thank you,
Matthew
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Additional info that fixed my problem, but I'm not sure why.

For the project page that was failing to save, I changed it to read from a different template, then back to the original template.  Now the form saves successfully after making changes.