No emails are being sent when new comments are added to a JIRA ticket which is linked to a Salesforce case

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
With our current JIRA connection (P2 connector), when a comment is added to a JIRA ticket and that ticket is associated to a Salesforce case, an email notification is sent to the case owner and other recipients based on the process we defined in Salesforce.

I don’t see this happening with the new connector, not sure if I missed a step in setting up or not.  I don’t see any documentation on this either.  This notification, from both sides, is very important to our organization process flow and we can’t migrate without this feature. 

Has anyone run into this same issue and if you did, how did you resolve it?
Photo of Kim Dinh

Kim Dinh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Kevin Lew

Kevin Lew, Official Rep

• 50 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Kim,

Our product manager replied to you regarding the email notification and Salesforce comments tab on your previously comment .
Hi Kim, you can submit your feedback here or let our support team know. I've replied your email too - thanks.

The Salesforce Comments tab was designed to show both Salesforce and JIRA comments in chronological order, and it allows us to add more information than a normal Comments tab provides e.g. private/public tag and IDs.

In regards to comment notifications, please know that we're investigating options to do this in the Cloud connector.
We already raise the improvement request on your behalf.

Cheers,
Kevin
Photo of Kim Dinh

Kim Dinh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I did receive an email from your PM.  Thank you for submitting this request on my behalf.  While you guys are in the comments section (smile), I notice there isn't a sort option within the Salesforce Comments tab in JIRA, as there is under Comments tab, see attached image.  We often view newest comments first so we don't have to scroll all the way down, as some JIRA tickets have lots of discussions.
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Lew

Kevin Lew, Official Rep

• 50 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Kim,

Thank you for your feedback.
We already raise the improvement request on your behalf. 

Cheers,
Kevin
Photo of Doug Maskill

Doug Maskill

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any update on this, even though the Salesforce comment automatically syncs to Jira, this doesn't seem to trigger Jira to send an email notice to watchers
Photo of Kevin Lew

Kevin Lew, Official Rep

• 50 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello Doug,

Please refer to this documentation for more information about the email notifications. 

Please be noted that we have launched our new ServiceRocket Atlassian Community and the existing community will be taken down on May 30th, 2017. No new comments can be made after February 28th, 2017. To obtain your access to the new community, kindly follow the instructions in this page.

In the meantime for future updates and announcements on bug fixes and future releases, please monitor the Atlassian Marketplace Version listing: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.servicerocket.jira.salesforce/cloud/versionhistory

Regards,
Kevin
Photo of Michelle Pritchett

Michelle Pritchett

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue.  I submitted a Service Rocket case, but I can't get an answer, expect "read this doc".
Photo of Doug Maskill

Doug Maskill

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I followed the doc above for setting up Jira then got the Salesforce Apex triggers installed and everything worked as expected.
Photo of Bharath Reddy Nagidi

Bharath Reddy Nagidi

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
@Doug were you able to deploy this Trigger to Production without any TestClass Failures?